Car bombing in Bgahlan kills six soldiers

PUL-E-KHUMRI (SW) – At least six soldiers got killed and ten more got wounded following a car bombing in Baghlan province, said officials on Thursday.

Security sources in Baghlan told Salam Watandar that at around 2:00 am, an army base in the Bagh area north of Pul-e-Khumri was targeted by a car bomb. According to sources, at least 6 soldiers have been killed and more than 10 others have been injured as a result of this incident.



According to these sources, this base was also the headquarters of the security forces and many parts of it have been destroyed.

A number of wounded soldiers said the security forces have suffered heavy casualties and many are trapped under rubble. According to the military, the base is located a few kilometers from the Baghlan police headquarters, but no reinforcements arrived to rescue the wounded and victims.

Abbas Tavakoli, commander of the 217th Pamir Corps in the northeast, confirmed the blast, but said the car bomb had been identified and fired upon by army forces before reaching its target.



According to him, the Taliban attacked the base and surrounding checkpoints after the incident and clashed with security forces, which was repulsed.

The Taliban took responsibility for the attack, claiming that a large number of government forces had been killed and dozens of their vehicles destroyed.

ENDS

Share: