QALAT/ CHARIKAR (SW) – Landmine blasts claimed the lives of at least 12 more civilians in Zabul and Parwan province, officials confirmed on Monday.
Enayatullah Hotak, deputy governor for Zabul province told Salam Watandar that a passenger bus carrying passengers from Kabul to Kandahar hit a landmine in Qalat city killing at least 10 civilians and injuring over 40 others, including women and children.
Meanwhile, Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said 11 civilians had been killed in a roadside bomb blast in Zabul province. He added that 28 other civilians were injured in the incident.
Separately, two explosions in Parwan province killed two civilians and wounded 13 others. Confirming the news, Mohammad Sadeq Hashemi, director of crime control at the Parwan Police Command, told Salam Watandar that two civilians were killed and eight others were killed in an explosion on a mini-bus carrying civilians in the Pol-e-Mutak area of Charikar – Jabal Seraj road.
He quoted the passengers as saying that a woman with two children had drowned in the nearby river following the explosion. Hashemi said it was not yet clear whether the blast was caused by a grenade or a roadside bomb, but police investigations have begun.
However, Abdul Khalil Heydari, chief physician at the 100-bed Civil Hospital in Parwan province, said that the bodies of two men and eight wounded, including women and children, had been taken to the hospital. According to him, the health condition of two of the injured was worrying. The mini-bus was traveling from Kabul to Bamyan.
No group, including the Taliban, has claimed responsibility for the Zabul and Parwan bombings.