KABUL (SW) – First vice president Amrullah Saleh has claimed the attackers behind Kabul University carnage deliberately blew explosives in their hands so that they could not be traced through biometric detention.
In a Facebook post, Saleh claimed some progress has been made in probes into the Kabul University attack and the attack on Kawsar academic institute. He said the terrorists at the Kabul University during final moments of the attack saw the security forces approaching them through the roof blew their hands with hand grenades and got killed. “It shows that they were told to cut off their fingers to hide the footprint and proof.”
According to the first vice president, the suspicion is that the attackers had already been arrested for committing a crime and had undergone biometric registration.
Amrullah Saleh emphasized that efforts are still underway for the identification of the bodies with advanced technology and the help of the government’s foreign allies.
At least 22 people were killed and about 40 others were injured in an ISIS-claimed attack on Kabul University last Monday by three assailants. But, Amrullah Saleh blamed the Taliban for the attack. The Taliban have denied involvement in the attack.
In a part of his post, Saleh claimed military-grade explosives were used to kill Yama Siavash. According to him, two kilograms of these materials were used in the attack on Saturday that killed three people.
Saleh said the Taliban have shifted their tactics from large-scale attacks to targeted assassinations after the Doha agreement with the US. The VP claimed the Taliban have formed a group of terrorists dubbed as “Obaida Karwan” trained in Waziristan and sent to major cities, especially Kabul for targeted assassinations. He said so far, 50 members of “Obaida Karwan” have been arrested and detained by the National Directorate of Security.
ENDS








