
Taliban block distribution of aid in Logar
The Taliban have halted distribution of aid in connection with the ‘National Meal’ program in Logar.

The Taliban have halted distribution of aid in connection with the ‘National Meal’ program in Logar.

A new report by the UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) said on Monday no fewer than 11 human rights defenders and media workers were killed in targeted attacks in Afghanistan from the 12 September 2020 start of peace negotiations through to 31 January 2021.

The NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has said troops’ withdrawal risks turning Afghanistan into a safe haven for terrorists again.

Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, the leader of Hezb-e-Islami, on Sunday claimed large consignments of arms and ammunition is entering the country to prolong the war.

GHOR (SW) – At least 40 members of a single family of a war victim in Ghor province on Saturday called for justice.

The US Department of State has announced a reward of $5 million for information leading to the location of American citizen Mark Randall Frerichs who was kidnapped in Kabul last year.

On his first visit to the Pentagon since taking office, US President Joe Biden has indicated he could abandon the approaching May 1 exit deadline to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan.

Members of the Farah and Nimroz provincial councils have confirmed the killing of at least 18 soldiers here in the Taliban attacks.

Capital Kabul on Wednesday witnessed three deadly bomb blasts killing a top cop among two others.

The commander of the United States Central Command, Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, says the level of violence in Afghanistan remains too high and that the US is reviewing the Taliban actions as well as the peace agreement.

Four employees of the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development were gun downed in Kabul on Tuesday, officials confirmed.

Republican US Senator Lindsey Graham has said that the American troops will not leave Afghanistan in May as proposed in the deal inked with the Taliban last February.