
The US has closed at least 10 bases across Afghanistan
According to new report, the US has closed at least 10 bases across Afghanistan since the signing of a deal with the Taliban in February.

According to new report, the US has closed at least 10 bases across Afghanistan since the signing of a deal with the Taliban in February.

The foreign minister of Afghanistan and Pakistan on Friday reiterated the resolve to work together towards peace and further strengthen bilateral relations.

Afghanistan remained the country most impacted for the second consecutive year on the Global Terrorism Index with 41 per cent of deaths from terrorism globally, and the Taliban being responsible for 87 per cent of these fatalities.

Back-to-back blasts in Bamyan province killed at least 14 people, officials confirmed on Tuesday.

NATO will remain in Afghanistan despite the US announcement of reduction in troops, Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said at the 66th Annual Session of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly.

Security officials in Kapisa have said two female police officers were injured in a shooting by motorcyclists here.

First Vice President Amrullah Saleh has acknowledged the shooting of multiple rockets on Kabul by unknown assailants earlier this week as a security and intelligence failure.

Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said in a statement a total of 23 rockets were fired in the attacks. He confirmed eight people lost their lives and 31 others got injured.

The US State Department Special Envoy for Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad and Uzbek Foreign Minister Abdul Aziz Kamilov have discussed the Afghan peace process.

Local officials in Badakhshan have confirmed that the Maimi district of the province has fallen to the Taliban.

Australian elite forces allegedly killed 39 Afghans civilians and prisoners unlawfully, an official inquiry has confirmed.

Officials at the department of education in Logar confirmed many schools in the Baraki Barak, Charkh and Mohammad Agha districts remain closed due to insecurity.