
U.S. to keep two larger bases in Afghanistan
U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley has said Washington would keep two larger bases in Afghanistan despite approving the drawdown plans.

U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley has said Washington would keep two larger bases in Afghanistan despite approving the drawdown plans.

A number of military veterans with disabilities complain of being neglected in the peace process.

Parallel to the development in intra-Afghan talks, violence remains high in Helmand and Uruzgan provinces, officials said on Thursday.

The agreement reached on procedures for intra-Afghan negotiations in Doha has been widely hailed by the US, NATO and EU among others.

The Afghan government and the Taliban confirmed on Wednesday the procedure for intra-Afghan talks has been agreed upon.

The NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has reiterated the Alliance would continue to support and equip the Afghan forces.

The Taliban have freed all 39 civilians abducted from Maidan Wardak province last week.

The NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has said there is a price if the Allies decide to stay, but there will also be a price if it is decided to leave the war-ridden country.

The US Chargé d’Affaires to Afghanistan, Ross Wilson has reiterated Washington’s enduring commitment despite the proposed reduction of troops here.

The defense ministry claimed to have killed the main perpetrator behind Sunday’s deadly suicide car bombing in Ghazni province.

At least 29 people got killed and 30 others got injured following two back-to-back suicide attacks in Ghazni and Zabul provinces.

The engineer of lower Hari Rod River zone in Herat, Hassan Fazli has said a 60cm deep fault has emerged in one of the India – Afghanistan Friendship Dam (Salma Dam) walls.