KABUL (SW) – The Taliban committed at least 38 violations of the cease-fire during Eid holidays killing at least 20 civilians, the interior ministry announced here on Sunday.
Tariq Arian, spokesman for the interior ministry, said in a series of tweets that the Taliban staged landmine blasts, armed assaults and other terrorist attacks during the three-day festival. The interior ministry spokesman added that 20 civilians got killed and 40 others got wounded in these attacks.
He said that with such violations during Eid al-Fitre and Eid al-Adha proves that the insurgents are not committed to peace in the country.
The Taliban have not commented on this so far.