KABUL (SW) – Interim-minister for defense, Assadullah Khalid, vowed on Saturday the Taliban’s spring offensives have been successfully repelled.
He said this addressing the ceremony organized to see new commander of the Special Forces take charge here. He said the Taliban have failed with their ‘al-Fath’ annual offensives, and have not been allowed to advance. Khalid said the insurgents’ attacks have been repulsed across the country.
However, defense analyst Jawed Kohistani told Salam Watandar the minister’s remarks are not entirely true. He said the Taliban as well as the security forces have sustained heavy losses in the ongoing clashes across the country.
Kohistani said the insurgents continue to hold control over areas they have been holding so far.
This comes as the Taliban managed to stage at least two deadly attacks on police in the capital Kabul this month alone.