KABUL (SW) - Following a deadly blast on Monday night in Kabul that killed 16 people, residents of the area today demanded the transfer of the Green Village from the residential area.
The blast occurred at 9:55 pm last night when a tractor full of explosives targeted the southern wall of camp Green Village. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
Residents of the area in the 9th district of Kabul said they have protested several times before and demanded that camp to be removed from the area, but the government has so far taken no action. They call on the government to respond positively and move the foreign forces’ camp from this residential area.
Residents of the Kabul Bai neighborhood near the Green Village compound said that they fear similar attacks every day and night.
Farhad, a resident who has four members of his family wounded in the latest incident, said all of their belongings were lost in the blast. He said mostly civilians have been killed and wounded in all attacks on the camp.
We wished to have views of the presidency and the Ministry of Interior in this connection, but to no avail.
This is not the first time that Green Village camp has been targeted by a suicide bomber. Last month, the camp was hit by a car bombing that left four people dead and 113 injured. The Taliban also claimed responsibility for that attack.
It was targeted by the Taliban a few years ago as well.